• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BUS sight for my DPMS build

I want to put a set of iron sights on my new build but am a little confused with all the options.  I have an A3 upper and I was thinking it would be best to mount the front sight on the gas block to get out the way of the scope.  My problem is the railed gas block is about 3/8" lower then my rifle length 4 rail handguard.

What sight combo do you recommend for this setup and still get out the way of a big optic?

Anything that's specifically made for mounting on the lower-than-rail height front gas block.  Here's an example of the offerings from Midwest Industries - easy to see which one is for the rail-mount, and which one is for the gas block mount:

mctarffg.gif

Link to the product description:

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_id=79

Several companies make front sights just for that purpose, but I dont recall all of them right away.  A quick Google search on "gas block front sight" should bring most of them up.  <thumbsup>