• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

260 Rock River Build

Tripledeuce

At the end of July, my wife ordered a complete  ar10 , less barrell , from RR.

A week later we got ALL the parts except the bolt and carrier.  We were told the were on back order, and would ship in two weeks.

My dealer called several times, and got the back order story.

My wife called today, and they said they had recieved an order of bolts and carries and we should have them within two weeks.

We'll let you know.

Thanks for joining Tripledeuce. Are they messing with you? Keep us posted on your progress

BTW in an effort to avoid confusion and compatability questions for others I would like to mention only Armalite makes an AR-10. The RRA LAR-8 is a completely different beast despite appearances.

Good to have you here.  <thumbsup>

• 2 weeks later...

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!    RR  is offically one of the "good guys" in my book!

10 days after they said two weeks,,,,,,,I had my bolt and carrier!  Dissambled the bolt, and checked the headspace,,,,,,,its a little "tight" on the go gauge,,,,,,ant took it out and shot it yesterday!

Some "junk" reloads with some old speer 120's got me sighted in,,,then some "good" hornady 123's and groups about 1.5 inches.

Got to load some of thee "new" hornady 10 A-maxes,,,and see how it really does!

OH!  Scope was one of the mark 4 leupolds in 6,5-20........really "bright" scope!

respectfullu

Terry

• 1 month later...

I've only recently joined this forum, having also recently purchased an RRA LAR-8 Predator HP. I was lucky in that the first load I worked up for it shot a ragged hole for 5-shots at 100 yards. All that is fine and good, but I like to experiment with reloading and the .260 Remington is a fantastic caliber, for which I already have a bolt action rifle in. Which barrel manufacturer(s) will profile a barrel for the LAR-8 and how do the costs range in price? I assume you shopped around for a barrel manufacturer? how much was the proprietary barrel extension from RRA, assuming you bought it separately from whoever made your barrel?

Thanks,

Hoot

Bought the barrel    from a dpms dealer,,,,,,,,miked things,,,,,,,,,,,fit the RR with no changes.

Actually,,,,,,,headspace was a little tight, and had to "kiss"  the chamber.

The only "problem" i'v had is getting enough gas  to cycle the auction.  The last time out,,,,,,with everything "wet" with lube,,,,,,it shot 5'8" groups, and cycled fine.

Respectfully

Terry