• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Spent the day at Nikon School

imschur

A while back i signed the little woman up for the day 1 Nikon School. Basically it's an intro into digital photography, DSLR's, photography principals and such. As time went on I read some reviews that said everyone could learn something from the class. I decided what the hell I would go to. I was curious as to how they would approach the content, how my lady would grasp it and what demographic made up the audience.

Well the class was great. Pretty much knew all the content with the exception of the Nikon Capture NX software portion. The class was a lot of fun other then the seats. My ass was killing me.

Anyhow I was quite surprised at the many gun references in pictures and video's. One of the instructors lived in Texas for a few years. That was probably the reason. The second instructor was responsible for taking a picture of Charlton Heston at an NRA gathering. Apparantly the shot was set so that a set of antlers on the wall wouls appear to be coming from Hestons head.

Outside the class I got to fondle a Nikon D3s. Wow what a monster DSLR with a monster price.

All in all it was $125 well spent. I plan on catching day 2&3 next time around.