• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ar10 .308 Matrix Aerospace Lower - Correct Magazine?

Chip_Baker

I just received my ar10 .308 with a Matrix Aerospace lower. I read a few discussions here about which mag feeds best with this lower. With so many suggestions it opened more questions than answers πŸ˜‚ Some suggested magazines that they have but never used. So, can someone with this lower suggest a magazine type that works best? I know fit as well as how well it feeds is important. I am looking for a 30 round mag but just having a correct mag would be great πŸ‘

πŸ€” I just found someone selling a Matrix Aerospace kit (upper, lower, and handguard). They are saying:

"These receivers are designed to use highquality "P Mag" magazines."

Not that I don't trust anything I read on the internet πŸ˜‚ But can anyone agree that this is correct? Thanks guys!

That's correct.Β  Anything that will fit a DPMS LR-308 or the SR-25 will work.Β  Armalite B-model magazines will not work.

Oh, you don't have an AR-10, either.Β  Only Armalite makes those, and nobody else, and there ARE design differences between AR-10s, and any of the DPMS and RRA patterned rifles.

Edited by 98Z5V

Wow. I did not know there was a difference. Thanks for the info. Interesting that all the .308 caliber ar platforms that are listed use that distinction. Ar-15 for the 5.56 and ar10 for the .308. Is it just a pattern all the sellers fell into or are there similar differences between them? Similar differences? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I think you get my question πŸ™ˆ Thanks for the infoπŸ‘

14 hours ago, Chip_Baker said:

Wow. I did not know there was a difference. Thanks for the info. Interesting that all the .308 caliber ar platforms that are listed use that distinction. Ar-15 for the 5.56 and ar10 for the .308. Is it just a pattern all the sellers fell into or are there similar differences between them? Similar differences? πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I think you get my question πŸ™ˆ Thanks for the infoπŸ‘

Major differences.Β  Here's two mentions of it right here:

Β 

Β 

Those posts are from our section, "308AR - What You Need To Know"

https://forum.308ar.com/forum/65-308-ar-what-you-need-to-know/

Edited by 98Z5V