• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Stag 10 compatibilities

I have a Stag Arms Stag 10 lower receiver. I know that it is not compatible with DPMS upper receivers because of the fact that it is modeled after the Armalite lower receiver. I am wanting to do a 10.5" build (I know stupid and crazy), but I want to know that my options are for barrels and hand guards with it also having a Stag 10 upper. I'm lost please help!!!

On 4/2/2021 at 10:41 PM, Gunfighter1775 said:

I have a Stag Arms Stag 10 lower receiver. I know that it is not compatible with DPMS upper receivers because of the fact that it is modeled after the Armalite lower receiver. I am wanting to do a 10.5" build (I know stupid and crazy), but I want to know that my options are for barrels and hand guards with it also having a Stag 10 upper. I'm lost please help!!!

10.5" isn't stupid and crazy.  I have a 12.5" and 13.5".  You have the Stag upper, too?  So, Stag upper and lower?  Do whatever you want, just keep it the same pattern.

My 13.5" is all DPMS-based Aero M5 receivers, handguard, but completely Armalite AR-10 guts (recoil system, BCG, barrel).  Runs like a champ. 

What's the rail height and barrel-nut thread pattern for that Stag upper?  It's either Armalite, or it's DPMS High, or it's DPMS Low.  We need that much info from you to make recommendations.

Edited by 98Z5V

I found the information in a few minutes, just from the Stag website.  It's DPMS High profile, and threaded for DPMS barrel nuts.  Says it right in this parts description:

https://www.stagarms.com/stag-10/stag-10-uppers/right-hand-stag-10-uppers/stag-10-stripped-upper-receiver/

The Stag 10 Stripped Upper Receiver includes a picatinny rail on the top with a Tang Height of .210

Compatibility:

The Stag 10 Stripped Upper Receiver will work with our Stag 10 Upper Receiver Parts Kit or any DPMS upper parts kit. Our upper receiver has the same barrel nut threads as DPMS, accepts DPMS barrels, accepts Stag, Armalite and DPMS BCGS and Charging Handles. It also accepts standard AR Forward Assists.