• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LR 308 lower platforms

Hey guys, I'm super new to all of this. I've been hobby shooting since I was a kid, but I'm just now starting to get into building and understanding them.

I've been reading plenty online about things, but they always use their big boy words that I don't understand, which then leads me to more research where they use more big boy words to talk about the first big boy word. So, please talk to me like I'm 8.

I just ordered an 80 lower in an LR 308 platform. I think I'm correct in using those terms together. I can't just add any upper to any lower, right? So how do I know what I can and can't do. And do all upper parts fit on all uppers, do all LR 308 lower parts fit on all LR 308 lowers? Etc, etc

I've also read about dpms, what's that? 

And it'll be in 6.5 creedmoor if that makes a difference on anything. 

Edited by Wyatt

11 hours ago, Wyatt said:

So, please talk to me like I'm 8.

I'm quite alright with that. 

11 hours ago, Wyatt said:

I just ordered an 80 lower in an LR 308 platform. I think I'm correct in using those terms together. I can't just add any upper to any lower, right? So how do I know what I can and can't do. And do all upper parts fit on all uppers, do all LR 308 lower parts fit on all LR 308 lowers? Etc, etc

List the BRAND of the 80% lower that you just bought.  That's "Step One" in baby steps. 

You said to do it - talk to you like you're 8...