• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AR10 build troubles

FreedomMike

Having some troubles building my first AR. Hopefully you guys can help me out. Gun is a CA complaint featured AR308 with a fixed mag. I’m having trouble with my mag and bolt catch. The mag currently in the gun is a Franklin armory magazine with the 2 little fins on top that don’t allow you to drop the mag out the bottom. These 2 fins got in the way of my bolt catch and blocked it’s installation. So I decided to grind them down enough for the catch to fit. Which of course locked in the magazine and would require me to remove the catch every time I wanted to remove the mag.  Once I got everything fitting I slapped the upper on and tried a dry fire to  make sure everything would work. Pulled the trigger and nothing. No click or anything. Acted like the safety was on. Trigger works without the upper on. What going on here? I also installed a mag lok button but didn’t realize it didn’t come with the kingpin so am waiting on that. But how would it even work if the magazine can only be pulled from the top. Does the mag lok use a regular mag?