• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Cheek shooting platform for some handguns

BrianK

Not most for sure. 

Gents, this will be different, so brace yourselves. For your consideration, yes I was skeptical too! Not every handgun will allow this hold. Know that coming in. 

I have a cp33 that was arm braced until yesterday afternoon. I removed the brace and converted it over to OEM. The shooting platform is steady done this way. At least in dry fire. I have not put live rounds through the handgun yet. Yes, the sight is best when raised up about 2" but I didn't do it with a  $100 riser as suggested in the video. I had stuff on hand that was much less costly that did the job. I used the same red dot I had been using right along. 

I intend to take it to a steel challenge match to test it out. I couldn't do that with the CP33 arm braced and not SBRed. But they allowed me a test run. It was faster than my present SBR .22 but I wasn't going to pay the tax to make it permanent. This cheek weld requires no tax and it's extremely stable done right. 

BTW, he doesn't much like the CP33, but some folks know how to make guns work and others don't.... They also don't know pf the public forums where it's explained how to fix the issues. Nothing more needs to be said. Mine works fine with eccentricities that I know to expect and know how to work around them.