• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LAR 8 Shrt Recoil or "Limp Shoulder"

hulagu

Hi All, New to the Forum. I have an LAR8 and several questions about it. I don't see too many of them, need a Reality Check on a few issues before I take the rifle and its' issues to the factory. Please reply if you have seen these issues:

1.)"Short Recoil"  About half the time, the bolt will not lock open on the last round, don't know if this is insufficient gas or i am not holding the rifle tight enough, like "limp wristing" a .45.

2.) Scary trigger. About once per magazine the rifle would fire a 2 round burst. The original 2 stage trigger was creepy in the first stage and about 1-2 lbs on the second stage. I pulled it out and replaced it with a GI single stage before I shot myself or someone else. Called the factory and I am still waiting for an RA#.

That all being said, the rifle is magically accurate, well under 1 MOA.

I think I will drive over to the factory and bring the rifle in. Has anyone else had any issues with LAR 8 Mid Length rifles I need to look for ? I want to get all the issues ironed out on the same trip! Thanks for your help!

Welcome brother hulagu from Indiana have a Standard Operator got it in Nov. the only problem was slight scuffing on case base from extractor have 350 rounds in issue resolved.A couple of the other guys had a more pronounced scuff to brass shavings in BCG and chamber being an issue.My problem is trying to feed my beast I love it have a RRA in 5.56 both great products IMO. 8)

Hi All, New to the Forum. I have an LAR8 and several questions about it. I don't see too many of them, need a Reality Check on a few issues before I take the rifle and its' issues to the factory. Please reply if you have seen these issues:

1.)"Short Recoil"  About half the time, the bolt will not lock open on the last round, don't know if this is insufficient gas or i am not holding the rifle tight enough, like "limp wristing" a .45.

2.) Scary trigger. About once per magazine the rifle would fire a 2 round burst. The original 2 stage trigger was creepy in the first stage and about 1-2 lbs on the second stage. I pulled it out and replaced it with a GI single stage before I shot myself or someone else. Called the factory and I am still waiting for an RA#.

That all being said, the rifle is magically accurate, well under 1 MOA.

I think I will drive over to the factory and bring the rifle in. Has anyone else had any issues with LAR 8 Mid Length rifles I need to look for ? I want to get all the issues ironed out on the same trip! Thanks for your help!

There is something to be said for "limp shouldering" and full rearward bolt movement. I tend to let the rifle jump around a little on the BR1000 and rear bag. When I was playing with an adjustable gas block, I found if it was adjusted right on the threshold of sufficient gas, not holding it tightly would be the difference between it locking back or not. It was quite repeatable. Death grip = reliable lockback. Slightly tight = no lockback. Solution = a little more gas. Those occasional doubles may also be the result of the trigger follow through combined with a little bumping back and forth. I hold my trigger position and sight picture a good count of 2 to 3 after the shot and never have had it double on me. Happened all the time with a regular single stage.

Hoot