• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Young Manufacturing, heads up...

This is all a year old, and I don't know what's been fixed since that year went by, but by the videos I'll present - it look like nothing was addressed.

Young Manufacturing made some BADASS BCGs back in the day.  I have one in my National Match AR15 Woody, and it's a great BCG.  But, I built that thing somewhere around 2010.  Ish.  Somewhere in there.  It's one sick iron-sight-only rifle. 

Well, Young Manufacturing, the owner, he retired in 2021, and KE Arms bought Young Manufacturing.  Here's where the problems arose...

Check it:

Originally, there was a bolt issue, and that was addressed quickly, professionally, and solve by Young Manufacturing (KE Arms).  Then, there was this specific BCG issue...  See the vid below.  The guy went to full due-diligence in presenting this video, and tested what he could test, and it's pretty fucking conclusive that the Y/M BCG is out of spec...

Now, Y/M (KE Arms) responded with their own video, but it's pretty apparent that they never watched the original video that the guy made, even though he addressed it directly to them.  In this vid below, KE is only testing "their own - the customer's" BCG in KE Arms flat top uppers that they manufacture...

Well, that's unacceptable.  So thought the original guy, that HAD the problem, so he went full TDP on them, and made another video.  It's REALLY HARD to argue with numbers, and FACTS.  Period.  You can see the problem, and how he addressed it.

So, with all that said...   I'm a FIRM supporter of Young Manufacturing.  STRONG supporter.  However, That's the Young that I have, might be 13 years old now, and Young was sold, owner retired, and obviously, the same super-high quality control standards are not being me by KE Arms, and their acquisition of Young Manufacturing.  It's pretty apparent, and right there to watch.

Bottom line - if you've always read about how nice, smooth, and reliable the Young Manufacturing BCGs are - you better take a second look, before you leap.  Looks like they work just fine in KE Arms flat-top uppers, but they don't (or weren't back then, last year) working so well in uppers that have specs that meet the TDP.  That should tell you something ELSE about the KE Arms flat-top uppers, as well. 

I'm just sayin'...   :popcorn:

P.S.  KE Arms - if you see this, you're more than welcome to respond.  I'd bring the same amount of numbers at you that this guy in his vids did.  I'll buy your stuff, just to get those numbers, and make the same points that he did.  I have plenty of in-spec uppers to test BCGs.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V