• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Parts research - due dilligence...

98Z5V

I just want to point something out here.  Do your research when you're searching for parts.  If you want a deal on something, always search it out on the 'net, and check for better prices - you'd be surprised at what you can find sometimes.  ALWAYS verify the seller - if you see something listed dirt cheap, seemingly too-good-to-be-true - then dig into that vendor HARD.  There are alot of fake sites out there ready to take your money, and Eff you over.  If a site doesn't have a physical location listed for a storefront, that you can find on Google street view, and an actual landline phone number that you can call - then be forewarned.  If I can't find a physical address for a company, and a real phone number for them, listed directly on their website, then I won't buy from them.  There's something shady about a company that won't publicly list that information.

Now, for the next part - and I have an example I'd like to make...

When you see something somethere, and it's listed at about 30% off, check it out.  Looks like a GREAT deal!  30% off?  Are you kidding me?!!?

Check into it...

I'm looking for a Geissele S3G trigger, for example.  It's listed directly on the Geissele website at full retail, for $245.  Here's the link:

https://geissele.com/super-3-gun-s3g-trigger.html

Bill Geissele himself wwants $245 for that trigger - and it's well worth that amount.

So, search the part number on the webz, look for deals, and find what works for you - and research that vendor, if it's too cool of a price. 

Now, here we have some other shady business dealings.  Companies will INFLATE prices on their website, then mark that number down, and make you think you're getting a GREAT deal!  My example here is the same Geissele S3G trigger - listed for $245 FROM the manufacturer - and it's "on sale" from this company.  Looks around 30% off, too!  Now, if I only shop from this company, it looks like a fantastic deal - Because they over-inflated the original price, right there in plain view, right on their website.

Check this ad out:

https://palmettostatearmory.com/geissele-super-three-gun-s3g.html

Now, where on the fucking PLANET is that trigger for sale for $336?!!?  Where was THAT ever a price for this trigger?  It never WAS a price for this trigger, never even from the manufacturer himself, but it sure looks like it's about 30% off, and "on sale" for $240.99 from that company...  

Long story short - I'll hand Bill Geissele $245 for that trigger, directly, rather than save $4.01 on that trigger from a company that's pulling shiit like that, right on their website.

Choose your dollars wisely, people.  Really look at what you're looking at, see beyond the smoke and mirrors...  

Off my :soap:about all that... 

Edited by 98Z5V