• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Case mouth deburring.

NF1E

Had a friend visiting my shop, looking for information on the RCBS MatchMaster . While chatting about programming changes that are available on the device, I was getting some new brass ready to enter the system. Using a tool, I was deburring the case mouths inside and out before running them over an expander mandrel. My friend thought both the deburring and mandrel were not needed and that he had never done either after 30 years of reloading even on cases he had trimmed. His comment was the expander ball in the sizing die took care of both. No way. I showed him the difference, while bullet seating, using the different methods. He could feel the consistency of the properly prepped brass over the way he had done it for years. Ah yes, another convert. Neck tension is very important if you are looking to get precision from you loading. I love my Giraud trimmer and it has become part of brass prep during every loading. The Giraud in addition to trimming takes care of case mouth prep during the same action. Whatta Hobby!

Case mouth.jpg