• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

UBR 1 Conversion ?

Shotcaller6

4 hours ago, Shotcaller6 said:

Has anyone ever converted the Magpul UBR Gen 1 to use a 7 5/8" tube?

Nope.  It's a proprietary receiver extension.  Nothing else on the market like it.  When you remove the stock from the extension, you'll immediately see the major differences between it, and everything that you now know as a receiver extension.

There's no reason that you couldn't put a UBR original body on the extension that's already inside of the UBR 2 - but there would be no reason to do it, because you ahve to buy the whole UBR 2 to get the extension.  The UBR 2 extension is already 7 5/8" internal depth.

I thought that was gonna be the case. I have a Gen 1 on a 16" 458 Socom, it's a might heavy but has great balance. I was thinking on replacing the STR on my 308 due too it feeling a bit front heavy but that beast is already at 14 pounds.

1 hour ago, Shotcaller6 said:

I was thinking on replacing the STR on my 308 due too it feeling a bit front heavy but that beast is already at 14 pounds.

The UBR 2 might be the answer, even if that beast is already 14#.  If it's balanced better front-to-rear, the additional weight of the UBR might not hurt that much, with it all at the back of the rifle. 

If it's any consolation, I have a 15# Mk12 5.56 gun.  I use it in a specific match, and I stuffed a 2 3/4# lead weight into the A2 buttstock pocket, just to cease all noticeable recoil through the scope...   :lmao: