• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I love historical shiit like this...

98Z5V

Washington State.  McNeil Island Prison. Kinda like Alcatraz, in a way, buried in Puget Sound.  Surface temp of the water in Puget Sound is 52~54*, year round.  That's ice-cream headache shiit, when you stick your head underwater in that, tell you now.  Dove it enough, swam it enough, I know.  Just getting INTO the water in the Sound is a bad experience, all by itself, let alone, staying in it, on purpose.  8mm full wetsuit, minimum, or it just sucks.  Swam from Solo Point to Ketron Island numerous times, in just Farmer Johns and fins, though, a pile of times.  That's nothing but massive manpower and nut-shrinakge, right there.  Just do it.

Many moons ago, when I was stationed at Ft Lewis, for some reason, state authorities wanted to test how badass McNeil Island defenses were.  So, task order given, mission set acknowledged...   McNeil Island Prison was broken into... 

There used to be news articles about this - those have been scrubbed.  I'll find one, guaranteed.