• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

JP Silent Captured Spring (JPSCS)

NoFail

I've been paying some attention to my JP 2012 Catolog in my desire to learn more of what I can about the JP LMOS, since I don't think I did a very good job of thinking it out in he first place before I ordered their stuff, yeah I have to admit & that's one thing inexperience can do to you.

So JP came out with the Silent Capured Spring this year and I have been trying to learn just what exactly is this

and what will it do for my rifle. So far the most I can find is that is makes your rifle quiter and takes all the mechanical feel out of it, John Paul said it makes the AR feel as if you just fired a bolt action, a quote from a

YouTube video I found from the 2012 Shot Show.

I GOOGLED JP Silent Captured Spring and found stuff but so far I still don't know if it is beneficial in other ways.

Like does the spring design help along the LMOS carrier

in any way? Does it make LMOS more reliable? I dunno yet but I'm still on it. The part looks pretty trick and it's

cost is a little less than Slash's CAR-10 XH buffer with spring. It replaces the traditional buffer design entirely & will 2 part #'s one for .223 and one for .308. I didn't pay any attention to it when I was devising a parts list so now I wonder if I wish I did. I'm going to call JP soon I'll get back here with anything I learn.