• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bad seller on Gunbroker

392heminut

Don't know if this is the right forum, but thought I'd give you guys a heads up on a bad deal I got on Gunbroker.com. Seller's username is 'rookejas83' from Hillsboro, Ks. I bought a quadrail gas block and clamp on front sight from him and when I got them the gas block was a tall one and the sight was one made for the short gas block. Needless to say, they won't work together and when I emailed him back and described the problem he told me I didn't know what I was talking about and refused to discuss any kind of remediation. I emailed him back and politely explained my background as an armorer for my department and that I was quite familiar with the AR platform. He then fired off 3 emails in a row to me claiming I was threatening him and accusing me of being a 18 year old kid that didn't know anything and calling me a liar. I do have the emails as proof of this seller's actions. At any rate, I would hate for anyone here to have to deal with this guy!

They won't do anything unless it's a case of not receiving the item or something like that. They consider my problem something to be settled between the seller and buyer. I just got another email from him about 30 minutes ago with more of his juvenile BS! I filed it away with the others. I quit responding to him a few emails back.

I don't know, I've decided to not pursue it anymore. I can use the parts, just not with each other as the seller stated in the auction description. I'll get a short gas block to use with the front sight from the auction and a short front sight to use with the gas block from the auction. If it had just been a matter of mismatched parts I probably wouldn't have even started this post. My problem was with the way this jerk acted from the very first email I sent him about the issue. I just don't want any of my friends to have to deal with an idiot like that!

Guest LLArms

Tell him you are going to report him to the FBI online criminal unit and calmly say, "I'll let them decide how to handle it".

This will result in one of two things:

1. Attitude will swing a 180

2. This will cause him to go off the deep end and literally foam at the mouth and hurl insults that slowly get so rage filled they don't even sound like anything out of the English language.

Either way you get some entertainment value.