• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Things you wish you never sold

imschur

I few years back I sold my Ranger Bass Boat rediculously cheap because I wasnt using it. Sorta of thought my fishing days had ended. Sold the boat for $1750 to cover the cost of a guitar amplifier while equal or older boats were going fot $4000-$6000. The guy couldnt get the boat out of the parking lot fast enough.

Stupid

Stupid

Stupid

Stupid

i was  >:(

Three things, the first was a sweet little 64 Chevy Malibu with a 327 & 4 speed that I had when I was 19, the second was a 4" blued Colt Diamondback 38 Spec. revolver that I let a friend of mine talk me out of (which he traded off about 2 months later >:( ) and the third was the 4" blued Colt Python I bought new in 1980 and carried when I started the police department. I learned from those 2 guns and now when I get a gun it's almost impossible to get me to turn loose of it!

A mid-80's CZ75 that didn't have the Canadian import mark. I bought the pistol at the West Berlin Rod and Gun Club in 1985. At the time, the US had an embargo on all Warsaw Pact-produced items. So the guns were imported into Canada, marked as Canadian and then exported to the US. Germany didn't have the same import restrictions, so you could find some interesting stuff at USAEUR rod and gun clubs at the time.

I sold the pistol to my uncle IOT finance the purchase of a Detonics (Yes, THAT Detonics) Long-Slide .45 Jammomatic. To this day, it remains the worst single firearms purchase I have ever made. My uncle still has the CZ75 and has resisted every attempt I've made over the last 25 years to buy it back from him, claiming it's the best shooting pistol he's ever had. I simply want it as a curio of the Cold War.