• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

CMMG Lower Build problem

RussC

First of all since I’m new here please let me know if I’m not posting to the correct board for my 308 build questions

I purchased a CMMG MK-3 7.62mm lower. I just tried to install a bullet button (I live in Calif) and discovered that it will not work with this lower and I have to use a prince-50 set up. Well I don't want a prince-50 I want to be able to release the mag with a tool, AKA a bullet. I took it to my local gun shop where I'm buying my parts and they were not aware of this but after attempting to install the bullet button themselves, agreed that the way the hole where the mag release button goes is not machined deep enough for the bullet button to work. Has anyone else run into this and if so do you have a fix? The gun shop also tells me that the bullet botton made Raddlock will not either. Any Ideas? If I decide that the CMMG will not work for me, any suggestions on a QUALITY lower that will accept a bullet button. Thanks in advance