• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

supressors

capt greg

Iam a nuub around here.. just joined today.. I have a armalite ar10t (a older model) an just ordered a can for it. from thunder beast. I was wondering do I need to change the gas block on it?.. I have several months before I can pick up the can so I have plenty a time to get the barrel tapped, change out what ever I need to change out.. I also roll my own ammo. Does anyone have some good recipes for supressors?

any info greatly appreciated...

Thanks

Since I don't own a suppressor this is second hand info, so take it as such. When you say get the barrel tapped, I'm assuming your talking about threading the barrel's muzzle to accept the can. Other things that are helpful to handle the extra back pressure created by the can are, a heavier buffer setup,also some people like the gasbuster charging handles because they supposedly reduce gas leakage around the charging handle. If your willing to do the work, an adjustable or switchblock gas block will give you a lot of freedom in adjusting the gas impulse to better match the pressure when switching back and forth between suppressed and non suppressed operation.