• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ATS 762 chesty

TANGO2072

Well not much to say here. Standard MOLLE platform.

She offers up 14 useable PALS area;

Picture009.jpg

3x4 on each of the sides

and 3x3 on the front of the mag pouches.

** BUT NOTE **

there are / is 1- area of PALS webbing on the corners of the mag pocket. this will allow for 1- strap type MOLLE pouch to be attached ( ie: a pistol mag pouch / I have 2- Ranger Green added to this area ) as you can see here;

Picture002.jpg

these will hold my flashlight and Gerber multitool.

Also I have the standard Chesty pouch setup

1- Medical / GP pouch (OD rightside )

1- GP pouch w/ 4- pistol mag pouches ( left side )

Now the WONDERS ( annoyance ) of MOLLE Gear.

HOW in the HELL to set it all up ? ! ! ! ! ?

1- set up has a blackhawk triple mag ;

( for a total of 7 mags at the ready )

Picture004.jpg

Picture005.jpg

or this one has 3- Paraclete SR-25 mag pouches

( each can hold 2 AR-10 mags / for a total of 10 mags ready not too mention front heavy and bulky if one were to go prone )

Picture006.jpg

Picture008.jpg

I should also mention that for some DAM reason the industry doesnt seem to "get-it". they build everything for the DPMS / KAC type of mags, so these pockets are tight for the AR-10 mag. I did cut one of the internal seperators, in order to allow the 4th mag to fit, as you can see here on the far right, they are stacked;

Picture003.jpg

AS for the rest, not bad, at somepoint tho I do wish that the "industry" would make a chesty that supports more PALS area, like push it up to 18 -22 slots. especially for the 762 platforms. I had hoped to get some DBT open top SR-25 mag pouches to have 8 mags, but with the width you can only fit 3- more additional pouches.

Im trying real hard not to spend $$$$ on the "right" colors

( more DBT or Paraclete pouches ). Im trying to go with what I've got, if the world were to go all Anarchy tomorrow on us, kinda thing....

DAM I need more mags and ammo now...  ;D.

Oh yeah Im well familiar with all the M14 / SR25 pouches out there.

I was looking for an open top design, tho I am torn ( asusual ).

My 1st initial thought was go with the old-school FLC, as i purchased this from Supply Captian. I still may being it's ( FLC ) only 60$. That atleast offers up more PALS area around the waist and upper chest.

Not all to impressed with the ATS chesty to be honest. With magpulls on the Mags

they are even tighter in the pockets. So I gonna cut all the dividers, relace the bungee strap and convert it to a 3-mag holder. This will give more clearence to grab for the mags.

+ I went with the Paraclete pouches onthe front. So that gives me the option to go 3-mags deep, for a total of 9 mags ready.

Now ofcourse a debt is whether or not to run additional mag pouches in place of the Medical and GP. Cause I am one to run with a pack ( a Lightfighter RAID in CB ). So essentials will be packed in there.

hmmmmmm

the new year headache begins !  :P