• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello to everyone.

Para308

I am glad to be able to join this group.  I am very interested in the 308 platform.  The thought of building a rifle is a scary proposition.  The IRA-10D in DPMS configuration is my choice because of the availability of Magpul LR 20 .308 mags. 

The reason I use Para308 as my username is because I served in the 82nd Airborne Division for 3.5 years.  I was very proud to receive my naturalization while I was in HHC, 2/504th PIR. 

I am also a member of www.Armyparatrooper.org where old and new (active duty) paratroopers meet.  The reason I mention that is because I did a write-up on a tool that I had Ned Christiansen modify for me.  Just google "MOACKS III" and follow the link to the article on the armyparatrooper web site.  My idea was to use a collar so that one can stake the gas key of AR 15/M16 rifles when the collar is on the tool and when the collar is taken off the gas key of the SR25/DPMS LR 308 can be properly staked.  This tool is for making sure that gas key bolts are properly staked or repairs and maintenance can be made in the field.  I just thought that having two separate tools would be a hassle. 

My only objective is to have this combo tool available to the troops out in the field so that rifles that are out of commission can be repaired in the field.  Ned does not manufacture and sell this MOACKS III version of the tool to the public yet. 

This is not to sell the tool on this site, my sole purpose was to point to a useful tool that I had a hand in redesigning even though I am at present a Ph.D. student in History and ancient and medieval languages (Latin, Greek, and Arabic). 

Now you know about me.  I look forward to hearing from you all.