• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

300 Blackout Chamber Gauge

.308LiteHunter

HEADSPACE GAUGE

Just realized that I wrote " chamber gauge" in the post title.

Sorry for the confusion. I want a gauge to make sure my handloads will fit in the chamber. I have one for my .308. Something like this.....

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/714043/le-wilson-case-length-headspace-gage-300-aac-blackout

Those Sheridan gauges should do the trick.

The guys over on the other forum have said tht the Wilson gauge only checks headspace off the shoulder of the case and doesn't gauge the neck diameter, which can be an issue with some of the cutdown .223 brass being used for 300 BLK. The Sheridan does gauge the neck diameter and that is why the 300 BLK crowd uses it.

Yup, I've got a little over 2K rounds of cut down .223 brass and not one case of factory brass. I don't have a Sheridan gauge but the majority of my brass is Lake City which has not been a problem as far as too thick in the neck area. I think I've had to toss around 5 or 6 out of that stuff because it wouldn't chamber. I've shot around 800 rounds through my pistol build so far, mostly loaded with M80 ball but some have been with some 190 Gr. SPBT blems I got from Midway and some with Nosler 110 gr. Varmageddon bullets. I haven't even bought any factory loads!

Edited by 392heminut

98 has made a bunch from cutdown brass. Check out the reloading section. I have made about 30 rnds but have yet to test any. The factory brass relodes I made were awesome!

I made up 100 over the weekend. Some 125's, 150 and 155's, all with 4227 and PMC Brass.

I referenced a lot of info from here, especially 98's brass making process and pet load for 150's

Just thinking I should check them. I feel pretty good about them, but it's a good drive to the range and if they didn't work it would definitely ruin the day.

I have a swagger on the way so that I can convert all the LC brass I have.

I really enjoyed reloading for this caliber, especially throwing charges with 4227, they were coming out spot on.

It meters so nice. Especially when your used to using 4064 :)

I've got a couple of boxes of Gemtech 187 subs, and I'll buy at least one box of factory subsonics to function test with both.

Edited by .308LiteHunter