• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My first build - parts list

Yoda

Thanks guys.  I plan to blend the ramps.  First I want Mega to look at the barrel extension.  It's slightly tilted clockwise and the locking lugs are not symmetrical.  Maybe it's nothing but I think it's worth a look before I start shooting.

Great you found the problem with the Ejector . They do have a lot to do with feeding , we have seen it before , but usually the problem shows up on feeding by hand also. Shows you never stop learning something here , at least for me . I alway disassemble BCG components & inspect , before putting into service .

You think you caused it by testing Head Space ? I always remove the Ejector to check Head Space with my gages , some of the new HS gages , this step is not needed because of a cut out in the base of the HS gage . I think 98 has one of the new type or a photo.

Blending the Feed ramps will help when using HP loads , they just love to catch on anything in their path . <thumbsup>

Edited by survivalshop

I'm not sure if I caused it or not because I don't remember if the ejector was sticking out before I tested head space.  This was a lesson to always check the ejector before and after.  Looking forward to shooting in the next few weeks but I may be getting a new barrel.  The extension is definitely not machined with precision like I'd expect from Mega.  We'll see.

I'm not sure if I caused it or not because I don't remember if the ejector was sticking out before I tested head space.  This was a lesson to always check the ejector before and after.  Looking forward to shooting in the next few weeks but I may be getting a new barrel.  The extension is definitely not machined with precision like I'd expect from Mega.  We'll see.

good eye Yoda...daaamn...I guess crap happens to all mfgs.....one thing ...Mega will make good !    :) Wash

Mega doesn't think it's a problem.  I told them I'm using an Aero upper so they think the barrel lug slot is off a little and it's not the barrel.  There's no noticeable marks on the bolt and the rounds seem to cycle fine.  Maybe I should just shoot it and see how it works.

Mega doesn't think it's a problem.  I told them I'm using an Aero upper so they think the barrel lug slot is off a little and it's not the barrel.  There's no noticeable marks on the bolt and the rounds seem to cycle fine.  Maybe I should just shoot it and see how it works.

My thoughts too! As noted before...a mag that lets your bullets sit in a somewhat nose high angle will make for a good feeding weapon...and bullets that wont have a banged up nose making them maybe a lil more accurate too   :) Wash

also...you can hand cycle all day long and not have a prob....when she goes bang...thats the true test ...go shoot that gal ...then report back....lube it up too 

Well gents, this project may be very short lived.  We decided it's time to stop renting and time to finally buy a house and I'm likely going to sell my new rig to fund more important things.  I'm probably going to strip it down and sell the parts instead of selling the whole rifle pending interest.  I may keep the complete lower assembled and sell it together. Everything is brand new/never fired.  Only cycled a few rounds for testing.  The optic is the only item previously used. Here's what I have into it so far:

Aero M5 upper receiver assembled

Aero standard charge handle x 2

AIM Nitride BCG x 2

Aero M5 Carbine Buffer kit

SLAP back plate (sling mount)

Magpul milspec CTR + .70mm pad

Aero M5 lower receiver assembled with Aero M5 LPK

Black Rain (Syrac) adjustable low profile gas block + Spikes Melonite mid-length tube

Griffin Muzzle brake

Mega 16" barrel

Midwest industries SS 12" Handguard

OD green single point sling

Magpul OD green MBUS

Vortex Viper HS 2.5-10x44

Vortex 30mm 3" offset mount

Magpul gen3: 25rd mag x 1, 20rd mag x 4, 10rd x 1, 5rd Mag limiter 3-pack

More to follow including pics/prices.  Just wanted to see if there's any interest.

thanks all!