• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

ye haw my barrel arrived this morning,  missed the  mail delivery and had to chase down mail lady, but I have barrel ,

its  a DPMS 24 fluted bull Barrel,  I put it on and it does not feel that heavy, I have a Olympic arms Ar15 with 20" heavy match that feels allot heavier.  I only need to install a gas block/tube and get the bolt carrier group assembly,(this weekend) and it will be ready to shoot,  I can wait for the stock as use the A2 that I have installed. 

gas block, what to use,  low-pro type or something with at least 1 rail, maybe 2  for front sight if things break and rail to install bi-pod when needed.

what would look better and work better,  rail added to FF tube for bi-pod, that would keep me off barrel? or 2 rail gas block,?  opinions please

almost forgot, the plastic web that comes on barrel works great in safe also, protect both  FFT and Barrel from dings and scratches

I already have rail mounted sights.  that the benefit of multiple AR's  the parts cross over.. I have gas blocks but all are .750 . 

I know I want steel for durability,  I will most likely pin gas block once installed, have never been one to trust set screws, and pining is not difficult with correct set up ,  drill guide and drill press plus taper pin reamer,  I done 7-8 of them and have not ruin any barrels yet,  doing good for garagesmith.  first attempts years ago, would see drill bit warping and sliding off barrel.  now us small end mill bit to make flat starting point(1/8) and guide.  will need to make drill guide for 936 barrel.  pre dimple barrel is great of location drill fixture.  , some day I will post photos of homemade  tools.    barrel vise, barrel wrenches, more barrel wrench's , bolt extractor removal tool for FAL , etc, etc, why  buy is you have the machines at hand to build.  I would guess every machinest/toolmaker on this site has built their own tools. if cost effective

I installed barrel on upper last before I left for work. only hand tight.  after work I un screwed barrel nut, (still only hand tight)  and I am unable to remove barrel from upper receiver. it fits that tight.  but never had fit that tight on the little brothers,  . is it normally that tight. I will need to use leather mallet to remove,  " in my mind"  tight equal accuracy