• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AIM bcg in PA-10

CASEYPM

16 hours ago, survivalshop said:

There are actually a lot of good choices out there now a days. & some good threads on them in the 308AR build & parts Sections .

I've been trying to go through all I can . . . tons of info to try and process.  I'm just thankful for the forum and will definitely use it as a resource.

• 1 year later...

It runs perfectly! From what I've read about the bolts PSA offered on their website, I lucked out by not getting one of theirs. At first, the ejector spring would carve out a semi-circle shaving off the brass, but it corrected itself after about 300-500 rounds. I don't have access to a "go or no go" headspacing tool and this may be attributed to a headspacing issue with the Anderson barrel. It did take a while to break in and seat the rings, but now it'll go into battery with a small push from my pinky finger with the  lower removed. The fit is perfect. After it's been broke in, the bolt carrier glides back and forth with no typical scraping sound from an AR with the upper removed cycling the BCG. You may have read in other threads of mine that I had short cycling issues and that was due to the Anderson barrel having the Armalite "AR-10 carbine length" gas port and was corrected after purchasing a Armalite gas tube which was like 0.5" longer than a mid-length gas tube from an AR-15. Hope this helps you! Good luck!

Edited by CASEYPM

This gun was a PITA to get everything fitting right, but I'm actually glad I built it instead of bought it completed. I'm still having issues upgrading it trying to find a 9.4" handguard... I know it inside an out. Did I mention that I'm putting 0.85" patterns on paper @100 yds with a sub $1000 AR??? 

13 hours ago, Cbabin03 said:

Are any of you experiencing problems running a different DPMS barrel with the PA10 upper that’s not PSA’s barrel. Because I’m looking to purchase either a Ballistic Advantage or Wilson combat barrel 

as it goes bolt and barrel should head space togeather.. some manufacturers  varry ish.  mounting to a pa10 upper im not sure but it should work. maybe note the castle/ barrel nut thread pitch that you intend to use. if its the psa that it came with its gtg. make sure the bolt and barrel match up?mo better info to come ..i dont have a psa10.