• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Jig Modification

ianD

I purchased a forged .308 80% lower from Colfax tactical and bought a jig from 80%Arms since that's what I had used on my ar15's and I figured stick with what I know works.  Well I failed to notice the disclaimer saying their jig is only compatible with their billet lowers.  They only give you a week to return jigs and I was past that point so now I'm stuck with it.  My theory is that if I can mill the necessary relief into the jig walls so that the pin holes line up, all the features I'll be machining will still be in the correct location.  I tried calling 80%Arms and they wouldn't give me a yes or no answer on it, I don't see why it wouldn't work but I was hoping to get a second opinion before potentially scrapping out the jig and receiver.  Thanks for any input.

I purchased a forged .308 80% lower from Colfax tactical and bought a jig from 80%Arms since that's what I had used on my ar15's and I figured stick with what I know works.  Well I failed to notice the disclaimer saying their jig is only compatible with their billet lowers.  They only give you a week to return jigs and I was past that point so now I'm stuck with it.  My theory is that if I can mill the necessary relief into the jig walls so that the pin holes line up, all the features I'll be machining will still be in the correct location.  I tried calling 80%Arms and they wouldn't give me a yes or no answer on it, I don't see why it wouldn't work but I was hoping to get a second opinion before potentially scrapping out the jig and receiver.  Thanks for any input.

it will be fine.  As long as you can get the correct reference points line up.