• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

the best adjustable gas block and why.....

Magwa

I just noticed, and correct me if I'm mistaken, but it looks like the only place that you can get the Seekins adjustable gas block with the set screw in the front is from Seekins Precision.  Looking at, well, everywhere else, the pictures show the set screw in the back face of the block.  If I'm right, looks like it'd be worth the extra $4 to get it from them.

All seekins have the tension screw in the back.....not the front 

Right.  I had the Seekins before I swapped it out for the Syrac.  The ridge behind the gas block on my Mega 18" barrel actually partially blocked the adjustment on the Seekins.  Plus, adjusting a gas block from the back made no sense to me.  The Syrac is much easier, and has click stops making it easier to know where you are on the adjustment.

Possibly a different barrel profile and a handguard with bigger access holes in the side might make the Seekins workable.  Or a handguard that doesn't cover the gas block?

Edited by slugger43
goof

All seekins have the tension screw in the back.....not the front     Wash

I thought that it was, and the review on the website says the same thing, but doesn't the one they advertise have the locking screw in the front?

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/seekins-precision-low-profile-adjustable-gas-block-750-dia.html

Look closely at the ones pictured, it could be a mistake

I was going to edit my post, but for some reason it won't let me at the moment. 
I think I just found an answer over on ARF (I don't want to link over there, but you guys can find it).  According to Seekins, as of 9/20/15, all the adjustable gas blocks they made/make (I assume) not only have the locking screw up front, but have a larger adjustment screw, supposedly allowing full cutoff of the gas system.  Sounds like they took in everyone's feedback and upgraded, but kept a decent price, something that seems a little uncommon these days.