• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

the best adjustable gas block and why.....

Magwa

I am looking for a adjustable gas block for my 300 blackout it is way over gas throws the empty so far you need binos to find them so without further adoooo tell me what you think is the best bang for the buck, also I am looking for one with 1 click increments not just turn it a little and try I want to be able to adjust and go back to same setting,,,, thanks in advance

Syrac and SLR seem to be the most popular. I think it's because of how easy they are to adjust, and they lock into place.

As for "click adjustment" I'm not sure that exists... but I could easily be very wrong. The closest thing I can think of is the old Noveske Switch Block. Not sure they are still being made.

Mag i dont have one but this one gets good reviews and its click lock                                        http://www.midwayusa.com/product/332827/syrac-ordnance-gen-ii-click-adjustable-gas-block-ar-15-lr-308-standard-barrel-0750-inside-diameter-low-profile-black-melonite

Wash

Aha!  But I do have one!  And it is click-adjustable, adjusts from the front, comes with a long allen wrench if your hand guard extends out past the gas block.  My rifle is recently completed, still in the break-in, sighting-in stage, so have not actually used the adjustment.  Had a Seekins and dumped it for this one during the build, because I found out that one adjusted from the back - yes, really dumb.  Guy at Mega who did some work on my rifle liked the Syrac gas block.

My build is a 10and 1/2 in. barrel, pistol gas , pistol buffer and spring, I have put over 200 rounds through it with no malfunctions of any kind but it throws the brass 10 feet or more i want to tone it down to more like 2 ft I shoot suppressed loads 98%of the time with a aac sdn762-6

What are the outer dimensions on these blocks?  I'm looking for the same thing, Mag, but it needs to fit under a FF handguard....

Ive been using the seekins adj for bout 55 bills....low profile...its got a tension screw in the back for the allen gas screw,but I can adjust the gas thru the keymod hole on the side of the rail   Wash

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/seekins-precision-low-profile-adjustable-gas-block-750-dia.html       joebobs has em cheaper

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Seekins_Precision_Adjustable_Gas_Block_p/skn-agb.htm

Edited by washguy

Ive been using the seekins adj for bout 55 bills....low profile...its got a tension screw in the back for the allen gas screw,but I can adjust the gas thru the keymod hole on the side of the rail   Wash

http://www.seekinsprecision.com/seekins-precision-low-profile-adjustable-gas-block-750-dia.html       joebobs has em cheaper

http://www.joeboboutfitters.com/Seekins_Precision_Adjustable_Gas_Block_p/skn-agb.htm

You don't happen to remember the width of the top, do you Wash?  That's about the only relevant measurement Seekins omitted from the site.  I think that'll work, though.

What's the I.D. of that BCM KMR? I can't find specs anywhere on their site, but I'm mainly worried about the height and the gas tube channels width.

Handguard alone weighs 7.7oz!   <<<<< who gives a crap?suicide emoticon

1.3” Inner Diameter

1.5” OUTSIDE flat to flat.

Handguard flares forward (towards muzzle end) at the 3 and 9 O'clock positions approximately 1/4"

This rail will not fit your ar308.....just showing you that a seekins adj gas block will fit under the smallest diameter handguard ....the seekins  should fit under anything you have             Wash                                      

Edited by washguy

Handguard alone weighs 7.7oz!

1.3” Inner Diameter

1.5” OUTSIDE flat to flat.

Handguard flares forward (towards muzzle end) at the 3 and 9 O'clock positions approximately 1/4"

This rail will not fit your ar308.....just showing you that a seekins adj gas block will fit under the smallest diameter handguard ....the seekins  should fit under anything you have             Wash                                      

That was actually what I was trying to figure out.  The Matrix keymod handguard is slightly bigger internally, so that Seekins agb should work.  Thanks again, Wash <thumbsup>

Edit: I miss emoticons

Edited by ChaseFan9
because I still can't figure them out

Chase    here's a lil tip on the seekins...what I have done is tighten the tension allen screw which is on the end to where it makes the gas adjusting allen screw a tad  hard to turn ....then when you adjust the gas screw it stays where you want it...I did put a drop of locktite on the gas screw....these are gonna slay dome deers in a few weeks....Im still able to turn the gas screw if needed....the locktite hasnt burned off after a couple of range session....   I think it was 8 turns from closed to wide open and i have them set at 4 turns in....gas port is .08260 using an orange sprinco spring and dpms car308 buffer....it shoots 168 match down to 150gr soft point hunting loads without fail     Wash

Chase    here's a lil tip on the seekins...what I have done is tighten the tension allen screw which is on the end to where it makes the gas adjusting allen screw a tad  hard to turn ....then when you adjust the gas screw it stays where you want it...I did put a drop of locktite on the gas screw....these are gonna slay dome deers in a few weeks....Im still able to turn the gas screw if needed....the locktite hasnt burned off after a couple of range session....   I think it was 8 turns from closed to wide open and i have them set at 4 turns in....gas port is .08260 using an orange sprinco spring and dpms car308 buffer....it shoots 168 match down to 150gr soft point hunting loads without fail     Wash

It's funny you mention that, as the whole point of this upper is so I don't have to carry a 12 lb rifle through the woods this season.  Granted, I am a little late starting, but there's still time. 

Which Loctite did you use?  I was thinking that purple stuff will work, right?  That Seekins block is going on Criterion's rifle length 16" (gotta remeasure the gas port), so I might have to play with it to reliably function, but that's half the fun, right?

Btw, I forgot to ask, Wash, is that weight with or without optics? XD