• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

RRA Lar-8 A4 Midlength

jdixon22

New here and new to the AR 308.  Been building AR-15's for nearly 20 years and decided to step up to the big bore.

I landed an LAR-8 A4 Midlength that I added a BAD-ASS safety lever (now truly ambi), Smith Vortex in place of the A2, a Hogue beavertail pistol grip, and a set of KNS .1555" pins for the NM trigger group.

I now have several RRA poly mags and just recently bought some surplus Austrian and Belgian FAL metric mags.  I also ordered some DSA metric mags from Brownells.  All the metal FAL mags seem to rock back and fourth within the mag well, the new manufactured DSA mags are the worst.

Is there a simple mag modification to take out some of the front to rear slack?  Looking at the mag in the well, the front area is channeled out for the front lug on the FAL mag.  Appears there could be enough room for something to help eliminate the mag rocking...  Anyone got ideas or has this been covered?

Edited by jdixon22