• Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Here's my new Kimber Tactical Pro II

98Z5V

Something I learned a long time ago, from a very good Demo Instructor:

"When you think you've got enough, add one more!..."   <lmao>

I've already got the BP Ten II (5", double stack, polymer lower), Desert Warrior (5" Bad Mofo single stack) and an Ultra RCP II (3", single stack, smoothed frame).  Only thing I've been missing is a great 4" .45.  This is how it always starts - rounding out a "group" of guns...  <laughs>

I stopped in a local gun shop this afternoon, just to check out their Kimber display case - it's looking thin these days.  All I was really after was an answer to a question:  What will it cost me for a Pro CDP II?  Well, they didn't have one, and likely won't be getting one anytime soon.  They told me that Kimber is about 60,000 guns behind right now - These are the same guys I bought my Desert Warrior from 4 years ago, and it took them two months to get that one for me back then.  I trust their word.

So, I looked at a few more that they had, and the Tac Pro II caught my eye.  As soon as I held it in my grubby paws, I knew I was screwed.  :o

This will be my new all-around carry gun - Here she is:

TacProII1.jpg

Yeah, I know...  I fight the date-setting function on my camera every damn time I try to take a picture...  <dontknow> <laughs>

I tried to set it, but the menu functions on my cheapo cam suck, and I usually (like this time) give up and resize and post...  ;D

What kinda shots are you looking for?  I'll grab whatever you need/want, and email away.  This little beast will take it's maiden voyage to the range next Sunday, and I'll shoot the piss out of it.  <thumbsup>

Drew, the only two differences I'm seeing between your big brother and mine are:

- Mine doesn't have serrations on the front of the slide, only rear (you have both)

- Mine doesn't have a rail (I'm rail-less, you're railed...)

The size difference, too - your's is bigger...  <laughs>

<laughs>  That's damn funny!  Now that you're feeling jovial, maybe you won't mind this statement...

Funds for this little beauty came from my .338LM stockpile...  :o  That's a setback.  <dontknow>

<laughs>  That's damn funny!  Now that you're feeling jovial, maybe you won't mind this statement...

Funds for this little beauty came from my .338LM stockpile...  :o  That's a setback.  <dontknow>

Well even with my missing fingers I did that math. See your like me. It's not exactly the funds but the ability to not spend them on other stuff that you can buy now. Did you see my fishing thread?

Just saw the fishing thread...  Damn You, Bass Pro!  <lmao>

It's not exactly the funds but the ability to not spend them on other stuff that you can buy now.

Damn straight!  It's the "I have SO many things on my Want List..." versus the "I haven't won the lottery yet..." fundage issue.    <dontknow> <laughs>

• 5 months later...