• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

wanted: CAD model of .308 AR bolt carrier group

Vitezi

hello,

I'm not building an AR, but I'm making drawings for another hobby project and I could really use good models of a .308 AR bolt carrier. It would be fantastic to have a model of the complete bolt carrier assembly.

Do you know where I could find such a thing? It doesn't matter if it's the DPMS or AR-10 standard, I'm not copying the dimensions directly, but it would be a fantastically useful reference.

Not legal where I live (Europe), without significant investment of time and money and some luck while the gears of the bureaucracy turns. Semi auto rifles are OK but buying a gun is still a huge mess and not something I'd do just so I can measure it with my calipers.

I have an idea for a sweet .308 rifle that would be legal in my home locale. So far I'm just making rough estimations of all the dimensions and figuring out how the parts should fit together. Having a bolt carrier group in another window in my CAD program would help.

23 hours ago, Vitezi said:

hello,

I'm not building an AR, but I'm making drawings for another hobby project and I could really use good models of a .308 AR bolt carrier. It would be fantastic to have a model of the complete bolt carrier assembly.

Do you know where I could find such a thing? It doesn't matter if it's the DPMS or AR-10 standard, I'm not copying the dimensions directly, but it would be a fantastically useful reference.

You can download a .step file of just the carrier here  DPMS style https://grabcad.com/library/dpms-308-bolt-carrier you may have to sign up but it's free. Plenty of ar15 carrier groups and bolt but not many 7.62