• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

thoughts on this one?

Heres my opinion. Get the least expensive base gun thats closest to what you want. You wont see them much cheaper then this

Keep in mind the following costs if you do a ground up build

Bolt Carrier Group $350

Stripped Lower $350

Stripped Upper $180

LPK $80

With shipping your right there and dont have a complete weapon

I say if your right handed go for it! thats a great price imo.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought the .308B about a month ago and it's a pretty sweet rifle. Like every DPMS .308/7.62 that I or my friends own/owned it shoots 1 MOA or better @ 100 with Federal power shok 150 grn sp. No I'm not kidding, try it for yourself before you blast me.

Mine came with the JP FCG and then I added KNS trigger pins,hogue grip and Ace ARFX stock.

I owned the AP4 7.62 for a few years before I sold it (bad move) and the .308B seem's much heavier even though DPMS's web site says it's only #1 more. I haven't shot my B past 170 yds yet but it doesn't appear to be any more accurate than the AP4 at that range. Two of my friends own the B and at 400 yds they can pretty much pop clays at will. I could do that at 300 yds with the AP4 but at 400 I was about 50%.

I should be able to get out in the next month and stretch my B's legs at 4-500 yds, I'll let you know how it goes. I'd go shoot it tomorrow but I live in N.D. and we have 14-20'' of snow on the ground and it's only going to be 10 degrees, not great for shooting prone.

Anyway, I'd recommend the "B" to anyone looking for an accurate and reliable hunter/shooter in the AR .308 platform.

• 4 weeks later...

+++1 for the LR 308B. I got the same one back in Dec less the fluted barrel. I did the break in that DPMS recommends. Just like JD, it's a sub-moa rifle with my handloads; 150 and 165 Sierra GK and even the Privi Partisan 175 FMJ... 1"- 1 1/2" with milsurp (ie. Federal white box). Eats it right up. The way it handles, you don't even mind the little heft. I got from RGUNS for $925.00 and out the door it was less than a grand. It makes a great quick handling hunter w/ Bushnell elite 3200 3x10-40mm and during the off season, and Eotec w/ Yankee Hill BUIS. I swapped the buttstock for the ACE ARFX and the p/g for an Ergo. I plan to install a carbon fiber hanguard and it should be complete. Bill Springfield did the trigger. I think you'll enjoy it!!! ;D I went through a CETME and then an FAL when I should have bought this form the begining...

I posted earlier on the short range performance of my .308B. Now for the long range report.

I went out Jan 30th to my buddies hunting land/cabin near Almont, ND. Temp was -1 and the wind was nw @ 10-12 and there was about 14'' of snow on the ground. Shot a couple groups @ 100 yds with Federal pwr shok 150's and my reloads, all grps were 1'' or less. Shooting "bench" wasn't the best but it did the job. My reloads are Hornady 150 sst, once fired Federal brass, Fed primers and Varget pow.

We shot clay pigeons from 150 yds out to 400 yds. didn't notice the wind pushing the bullet much till I shot past 250. At 300, it was put the appropriate crosshair from the Burris ballistic plex on the left edge of the clay and squeeze. At 400 the sst's hit about 6'' right and the pwr shok hit about 12'' right. FYI the wind was blowing left to right. The elevation was right on the money in my Bplex at 400 with both the sst & Fed rounds. If that was a deer standing there instead of a clay my sst's would have been in or near the kill zone. After a few shots to dial in the wind, hitting the clays wasn't too difficult. Could've tried it at 500 yds but we didn't feel like humping down/up a snow filled ravine twice, this spring for sure.

I'm quite pleased with the performance of this rifle, too bad Antelope and deer season are so far away.