• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Building new, PWS, retrofit current....ideas

buttonbuck

Guys I know a lot of you have been where I am so rather than keep burning brain cells I'd love to hear how you went and where you might steer me.  I'm in FL and have pretty much given up deer hunting in favor of thermal hog/coyote control....just take a couple of does for the freezer that's it.  Thermal way too much fun.  Starting to hunt some adjacent lands for owners to get on problem and they want us to use suppressors.  On to decisions

Currently have Live Free Armory BA Hybrid 18", but need an adjustable gas block.  Not in love with idea of 18" + suppressor length so 16" liking more b/c getting in and out of a truck all night the length really does matter banging it around on the door frame etc. 

Have used buddies PWS MK216 with Sig SRD Ti and runs like a dream, but good grief that rifle is a lot heavier than mine just comparting upper/lower to mine.  We do almost all offhand shooting and when going after runners that's where I love my light weight.  That said I bought a new MK216 upper and have it sitting here in my office.  Party just because the correct number of firearms to own will always be N + 1!  Plus I have 2 friends who already said if I decided I don't want it they will buy it straight away.

Or I could build one up from scratch trying to keep barrel at 16 and going light all around.  It's obviously a blend of wants and needs.  I think I'd probably adjust to the extra weight of the PWS + can over time and be fine and am leaning that way, but wanted to run this by the brain trust here b/f I committed too far one way or another.  My buddy loves his and it's a smart design.   

Open to any and all discussion throw the ideas out if ya have 'em please thanks.  The suppressor is going to be the Q Full Nelson never heard anything like it sounds like a fart on a 308 just insanely awesome.  Thanks all....fire away!