• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Handguard / rail length for Anderson barrel

CASEYPM

I'm looking to put a new handguard on my PA-10 and finding it quite difficult to find one that will match up to the gas block. The Anderson barrel that is on it has a gas port that is a bit longer than AR-15 mid-length (forgot the exact length, it's in another thread on here) So it's basically the Armalite "AR-10 carbine length". The distance from the upper receiver to the gas block is 9.5" and would like to keep my gas block rather than get a low profile block and longer handguard. The one shown in the picture is a cheapo eBay 10" handguard that has been cut. Do any of you know of a decent handguard that is 9.5"? I have a feeling that I'm going to have to go longer or cut it to length. Thanks in advance. -CaseyIMAG1870.thumb.jpg.668f76df7a7edf578969af49db4495e5.jpg

12 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

You’ll love this one. 

http://www.apexhandguard.com/2500-ar10-armalite-9-4-mid-length-8-5-oz-with-hardware-handguard-discontinued/

this is the AR10 thread pattern. There’s also a LR308 pattern version. 

That's what makes this difficult... I have Armalite gas port length with DPMS LR308 threads on the upper. Part of me wants to keep it the way it is since it is an PITA, but also it weighs 11.4 lbs when I have it set up for hunting. Looking to shed about 1 lb. That cheapo optic that weighs 18oz isn't helping either....