• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Completed project 308

HotRod308

Over this past week I finally finished my 308 DPMS LR project rifle. I pulled the old barrel and hand guard and installed a 20 inch M-110 profile barrel by Criterion. I purchased the barrel and 4 rail hand guard, and High pressure bolt from Fulton Armory. They did the chamber and head space as well, all I did was assemble it back together. The rifle has a two stage trigger and a magpul stock. I  modified the gas block to adjust gas pressure as well.

First shooting went well, no malfunctions once the gas port was opened up enough. Feed fired and ejected and locked to the rear from then on. Still need to find a better scope mount yet. Most scope mounts seem to high to me and perfer one that keeps the scope lower for a good stock weld but haven't found one that I like yet. I added photo of the rifle and last two groups I fired. The dot covers the orange circle even at high 4 power setting, kind of though to hold it any better. It seems to like the 175g MK over the 168 MK, but need to do some more shooting yet.

308 AR.JPG

20 inch barrel 308.JPG