• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

pinned gas block

terrt_tr6

i have a PSA A2 upper with the M2 style upper and pinned front sight/gas block.  I don't ever plan to shoot it with steel sights and plan to someday convert to a free float hand guard, so i thought i'd like to get rid of the front sight.  i thought, hmmm, i can either cut off the sight and bayonet mount or pull it off, sell it and replace with a low profile gas block.  But since the barrel is already drilled for pins, maybe i should look for a gas block drilled for pins,  but i don't see any.  And then i realize my current handguard is held in place by the stock gas block and an aftermarket block probably would not.  So looks like the decision has been made for me and i get to take the cheap and easy path and get out the dremel. 

Oh, by the way, can you tell i'm a Libra (:>

the deed is done.  Cut off the bayonet lug and sight structure and those pieces dropped the weight of the gun by 3oz, plus a  bit more from what i also ground off in reshaping it.  Now that i am thinking about it, it would have been easy to do a before and after weight and know exactly...