• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BAD-ASS in stainless duracoat

Here's my little review so far.

I ordered the BADASS short throw painted in stainless. The kit came with two short levers and one long lever. Since I don't have properly marked lower, the unit wouldnt fit unless a minor modification was made. After a quick zap with my dremmel tool I was back in business.

I had originally looked forward to the double short levers. I dropped in the two levers and immediately knew I was going to need a long lever on my thumb side. There just wasn't enough leverage with the short lever. Quick replacement, and I found I was right. Much easier function.

I had a brand new detent put in. The switch wobbled a quite a bit when it was installed. I worried that I had a defective part. Had an extra detent pin in my box-o-stuff and the swap took just seconds. New pin tightened everything up. I'm loving this so far.

Small problem arose. This unit is installed on my SI Defense .308. The lower has a raised rim around the take down pin. The long lever reaches just far enough to clip this raised area. At first I thought nothing of it. After a dozen flicks of the BADASS I saw that the sharp edge had cut through the finish of my lower. I removed the long lever and hit it with a dremmel. Shaved off a very small corner to relieve the impact of metal against metal. You can't even see that I made the modifications.

The long lever on the thumb side flicks very easy. The short lever at 45 degrees no longer touches my trigger finger. All in all, I am very satisfied. I'm looking to replace my first BADASS (on my Mega AR15) with the newer short throw as soon as possible.

Much respect to the BAD Inc team for a great product.

Here's a small peak of my rifle. Just a peak though!

7c3a37cc.jpg

7d5e577f.jpg

The levers match up great with my "Fail Zero" upper