• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Pic rail gas block sights

• 2 months later...
On 10/18/2018 at 11:06 PM, BeaverMeat said:

It seems I'm late for the party (no fault of my own) as most AR10 railed gas block front sights seem to be discontinued.

I have a Stag-10 that is based of the DPMS Gen I pattern which has a DPMS "high" flat top. This has been causing me issues with finding flip-up sights.

Whats still out there?

@BeaverMeat, you showed up to this place the day our Fall Shoot started - and I've never even seen this topic before now.  Looks like you didn't get any info to help - but we had a large contingent of people away at the time.

So, which one of these Stag models do you have?

https://www.stagarms.com/AR10-rifles/

From what it looks like - you don't need a front sight for a railed gasblock - those things aren't offered on any of the Stag models that I was able to find.  If you'd post a picture of the rifle that you have, it'll make everything easier.

If you got a full rifle - one of the ones that are on the Stag website listed above - then it's got a handguard that either has a forward rail section at the front, or it's got a full pic top rail.  In a nutshell - you can use any folding front and rear sights that you want, and they'll work.  I'd get the front and rear from the same manufacturer, though.

• 2 years later...