• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Parts for gen 2 PSA10 and question

PSA is the only source I personally know of for the proprietary parts kit, their stock number for it is 503714, but it is out of stock right now, Your best option for that PA10 upgrade kit is to watch their site daily for when it pops up. I had to wait and watch their site for a few weeks to catch it in stock. Check the site daily between 8 and 10 am for when they update that days items. It will sell out very quickly once listed. What this means, if you are checking in the evenings only, you will likely never catch it in stock.

38 minutes ago, Robb in Austin said:

I'm just gonna squat on the site all week.

Changed out my gas tube today without difficulty. Re-used the roll pin. Now the gas tube is just a BCH past center of the key cut out. Thanks again 98.

:thumbup:   That's way Mo' Bettah than it being short.  When you shorted up the buffer weight, and shorted up the buffer spring rate or length, and shorted up the gas port size a little, and shorten up the gas tube a lil bit - you have a gun that doesn't work.

I don't know why the manufacturers can't figure this out...  

I was telling a friend, also building an 308, I wished the govt would spec it out just so we could do away with all the variance.

Or, as you have mentioned elsewhere, keep with the DPMS or Armalite specs on all the little variables. Pick a freaking spec and use it. I suppose I understand it from a business standpoint but damn does it make it a PITA to deal with as an end user. Plenty of users getting various parts from a billion different AR15 suppliers and those businesses are doing just fine.

5 minutes ago, Robb in Austin said:

I was telling a friend, also building an 308, I wished the govt would spec it out just so we could do away with all the variance.

Oh, they did.  They didn't drop specs, or publish a TDP like with the M16/M4, but they adopted a platform in the KAC systems, SR-25 first, then with the M110.

Individual manufacturers just don't care.  They think they have the "newer, better" and it doesn't work, too many times.

That leaves us figuring out what they did, and making them run like they're supposed to...