• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

JMT 80% AR 308 Lower review (Pic Intensive)

haewired

So I know this is old but just a comment unless I'm mistaken the OP says he's using a JP side charging upper with this JMT poly lower . The JP is an Armalite pattern /AR10 upper and the JMT is a DMPS Gen1 or LR .308 lower which is why it doesn't fit also likely why it broke when he tried to use it since it was engineered to work with a different rifle . PS as someone who's built a lot of rifles just my guess but even an aluminum lower would also fail at the buffer if you milled it to fit the wrong style upper . 

I'd never seen a JP in DPMS pattern they only make their own AR10 or Armalite pattern receivers for large frame receivers now and have for a few years as far as I know I have never bought a large frame JP but the 9mm line and AR15 parts are used in many of the rifles I build for myself and others . I was an 18B in the service and kinda took up this as a hobby after I retired . PS the video is from 2014 

Edited by BFAx

1 hour ago, BFAx said:

I'd never seen a JP in DPMS pattern they only make their own AR10 or Armalite pattern receivers for large frame receivers now and have for a few years as far as I know I have never bought a large frame JP but the 9mm line and AR15 parts are used in many of the rifles I build for myself and others . I was an 18B in the service and kinda took up this as a hobby after I retired . PS the video is from 2014 

Well, there's proof - you just looked at it - JP did DPMS-based receivers.  Even as an 18B, that doesn't mean that you know everything about all weapons, all the time.  

"they only make their own AR10 or Armalite pattern receivers for large frame receivers now and have for a few years as far as I know I have never bought a large frame JP"

If you never bought a large-frame JP... then...  how do you know their past?  :popcorn:

You just were given a video of a JP large frame, so it's kinda hard to get beyond that, and claim they never did it. 

What Group were you in?

Edited by 98Z5V