• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Troubleshooting time.

5 hours ago, blue109 said:

Ive reverted pretty hard back to KISS on almost all my guns and I might jus be salty so feel free to tell me to shove it lol. 

No way, brother - you were right on the money.  :thumbup:  My comments afterwards were to only expand on what you said... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/26/2019 at 12:57 AM, 98Z5V said:

What's that 2.5" H3 buffer?  List it.  H3 is 5.4oz, and that's the proper weight - but it's not commonly attainable with 2.5" of buffer.  What's the spec on that JP spring?

https://www.primaryarms.com/expo-arms-308-heavy-carbine-buffer-5.3-oz Here is the buffer, don't know spec on the spring, came from Midway. Just got the gun back from my smith (Wasn't comfortable drilling the gas port myself), hoping to get it out and test fire it tomorrow, if it runs, it's coming apart for paint.

2 hours ago, JMason5067 said:

https://www.primaryarms.com/expo-arms-308-heavy-carbine-buffer-5.3-oz Here is the buffer, don't know spec on the spring, came from Midway. Just got the gun back from my smith (Wasn't comfortable drilling the gas port myself), hoping to get it out and test fire it tomorrow, if it runs, it's coming apart for paint.

That buffer is good to go, man.  Primary Arms (solid vendor) and Expo Arms (good parts manufacturer), are both great.  Fear not, that's a good buffer from a good vendor.  :thumbup:

On 8/10/2019 at 5:26 PM, 98Z5V said:

That buffer is good to go, man.  Primary Arms (solid vendor) and Expo Arms (good parts manufacturer), are both great.  Fear not, that's a good buffer from a good vendor.  :thumbup:

OK, 98Z5V, she is alive, cycles, ejects, and locks back on the last round! Got a question or two for you Sir, as it is set up gas wise, it's dropping it's brass at two o'clock, about 10 feet from the rifle, it should be 4/5 o'clock shouldn't it? What direction do I head with the gas?

1 hour ago, JMason5067 said:

OK, 98Z5V, she is alive, cycles, ejects, and locks back on the last round! Got a question or two for you Sir, as it is set up gas wise, it's dropping it's brass at two o'clock, about 10 feet from the rifle, it should be 4/5 o'clock shouldn't it? What direction do I head with the gas?

More buffer weight, or less gas, will move the ejection pattern back from where it is now.

Adjust down the gas a little, and see.  Try 5 rounds as it is, leave that brass there, adjust the gas down one click, try it, observe where the brass falls.

I never chase an ejection pattern.  If the brass is getting out of the fully functional gun, I'm happy with it.  Since you already have an adjustable block, might as well use it.  :thumbup:

On 8/11/2019 at 8:47 PM, 98Z5V said:

More buffer weight, or less gas, will move the ejection pattern back from where it is now.

Adjust down the gas a little, and see.  Try 5 rounds as it is, leave that brass there, adjust the gas down one click, try it, observe where the brass falls.

I never chase an ejection pattern.  If the brass is getting out of the fully functional gun, I'm happy with it.  Since you already have an adjustable block, might as well use it.  :thumbup:

Thanks for all of the help Sir! It's a semi auto again. Now off to the reloading bench.