• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New add on's

Lr-308FUn

Well picked up a Armalite carbine gas tube, got it installed. Then got a Helius Tactical 1776 brake for it. Used a jam nut this time. Got the scope remounted onto it. Speaking of the scope, I have never had any of these scope mounts do this, but it has happened several times already, the scope seems to keep sliding back in the mount, I have all the screws torqued to correct specs. So will I have to lap this scope in this mount to stop this. I did do a old trick my grandfather taught me, he used masking tape that had a rough texture to it, cut small strips & put them on the top & bottom of the mounts then setup the scope again.. Leveled of course, what is pissing me off is this will be the 3rd time resighing in that scope because of the POS mounts I keep getting. Well it even did this with a Rock River mount several times & also. Not sure if it's the scope or the mounts. The scope is a Vortex Crossfire II Vbrite retical 6-18X44. Nice scope but I am going to get rid of it if it keeps slipping in the mount or lap the mounts to see if this would help. 

I am going to do a video on that Helius Tactiacl 1776 brake, I have notice not many review on it, I got the suggestion on one of my AR10/LR308 build groups. So I am going to try it out, from what I have seen in some of the videos I've watched is that it works real well with muzzle rise & recoil placement. 

So if anyone has any suggestion on that scope slidding issue please let me know, thanks.  

20190723_205725.jpg

20190723_203315.jpg

20190723_203325.jpg