• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

SAI Victor .308 Quad Rail

Inet

Have been researching various hand guards that are available and thought I'd run by what I am looking for here.  I want to replace the Mlok hand guard that came on my SAI Victor with a proper quad rail 12-13"  length. My barrel nut measures 1.553 O.D. and can be turned down a bit if necessary. Top rail height is not an issue as that can be worked around if it does not match my receiver rail. Some of the rails advertised have the ID listed-some not. Can machine what is needed if required for receiver match,  looking about for something in a close ballpark fit. Just acquired a compact clip on NV devise that mounts in front of the day scope however the Victor hand guard has no 12 o'clock rail. Any input from those in the know would be welcomed.

Dont know anything about that rifle but if it even roughly follows either of the two main standards than it will have plenty of quad rails that fit without altering anything....so id probably figure that out before I bought stuff that didnt fit and tried to make it fit. many quad rails will have proprietary barrel nuts so its more than just turning down the one you have. the complete dimensions of the pic. rail are important so you cant just machine it down to make it match the receiver height or vice versa.  It wont work anymore.  

maybe im just not understanding what you are wanting to do?

Thanks for the input.... not really sure what specs SAI used for their .308 AR. New release rifle so no one else seems to have anything on the shelf, so to speak, ready to go.  Just thought I'd post a note here as a place to start researching . Tomorrow I plan on a call to SAI and see what they have to say on the subject. I agree with you that there should be a quad rail that will install straight away, just need to figure out which one fits.