• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Barrel extension too long?

OldGregg

So I've been in the process of slowly piecing together my 308 AR over while now. I have a a Rainier arms billet upper lower set and so far everything is going pretty well but I recently ordered a Proof barrel and noticed something a little odd. The barrel fit is fine as far as the diameter goes but what I noticed is that the extension seems to overhang slightly over the inside of the upper. I do mean slightly the measurement i took with my calipers shows the barrel extension is about .010 longer than the upper extension. Does anyone know if this will be a problem? The feed ramps don't over hang at all so I don't feel that feeding would be an issue but I am used to the barrel and upper extension sitting flush in AR 15s I've worked on. Am I good to go or does this need to be addressed?

IMG_1758.HEIC IMG_6731 2.HEIC

You're pics didn't show for me. Try something else for attaching or uploading pics... 

I tried downloading your pics- and it didn't work.  Something is going on there with that .HEIC file thing that you have going on...

Edited by 98Z5V

I got it - get off your Apple IPhone, and get on some kind of desktop computer - and upload your photos.  That .HEIC extension is some kind of Apple IPhone thing. It's not working here.

Phones aren't real computers, not matter how hard they try to be.  Sometimes, it takes real computers to solve real computer shiit. I'm just sayin'... 

Edited by 98Z5V