• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

M lock hand guard removal

Cameron

Happy Spring!   This is a PSA 6.5 CM upper purchased last fall.   I'm trying to remove the fore stock to examine and possibly replace the PSA adjustable gas block.

I have removed the three 9/64 allen head screws.   The small 2mm allen head screw between 9/64 screws number two and three will not budge.  There is another 2mm Allen head on the other side that opens the gap in the hand guard for removal.

I have tried to heat the area if it's thread locked on without effect.  I have tried to tension the 9/64 screws in case it's in a bind without effect.

Does anyone have experience with removing this hand guard?IMG_20200415_122817_hdr.thumb.jpg.decb95093c17ee67c07f0eb434b02a22.jpg

48 minutes ago, Cameron said:

Happy Spring!   This is a PSA 6.5 CM upper purchased last fall.   I'm trying to remove the fore stock to examine and possibly replace the PSA adjustable gas block.

I have removed the three 9/64 allen head screws.   The small 2mm allen head screw between 9/64 screws number two and three will not budge.  There is another 2mm Allen head on the other side that opens the gap in the hand guard for removal.

I have tried to heat the area if it's thread locked on without effect.  I have tried to tension the 9/64 screws in case it's in a bind without effect.

Does anyone have experience with removing this hand guard?IMG_20200415_122817_hdr.thumb.jpg.decb95093c17ee67c07f0eb434b02a22.jpg

Those two remaining screws are for wedging the rear of the handguard open so it can be pulled off the receiver.

Tighten both screws a half turn in tandem until the handguard can be pulled away from the receiver.

Thank you for the reply!

The screw on the left side does do that.  The one on the right that is frozen appears to screwed into the other side rather than bottoming out the open the gap.   The screw is so small I can't really twist it well.

With a screw driver wedged into the gap and opening the gap with the screw that will turn I was able to get the hand guard off.   PSA did drill and tap that stuck screw into the other side and it is frozen in place!

IMG_20200415_143029_hdr.jpg