• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Tactical advice-new rifle

Bluedog225

I’m noodling around the net trying to find a complete 308.  No surprise that there is not much in stock.

I’ve put my PSA back together but am looking for a better gun sooner rather than later.  Daniel Defense, Armalite, Fulton, Ranier, local shop, all out of stock or long (e.g. 18+ week) wait time.

I don’t mind piecing together an AR type rifle but am a little concerned about trying to source a complete rifle out of parts for the ar-10 given compatibility issues.  For example, there seems to be Armalite series A & B but they uppers and lowers are not always designated as one or the other.

I can give Armalite a call and figure it out but I thought I’d check here to see if there was a different/better source for uppers/lowers or complete and compatible parts kits that might be available now instead of in 3 months.

Any thoughts appreciated.

1 hour ago, Bluedog225 said:

For example, there seems to be Armalite series A & B but they uppers and lowers are not always designated as one or the other.

My first large frame was a B, great rifle, but I'd recommend an Aero M5 set. DPMS high pattern so lots oh handguard options and you just don't see much if any QC issues with Aero, they also tend to be more available. You could still put an ArmaLite barrel and BCG in it and have an Armalite at heart, they exist.

I should add, If you want a carbine then get the Armalite carbine system instead of the Aero system.

Edited by jtallen83
the buffer thing