• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Early serial number DPMS

I just bought a DPMS LR308.  Serial Number  107XX.  The rifle looks almost new.  It has an EOTech 553 on it.  I did not know anything about the rifle or sight before I bought it.  I have a DPMS 5.56 that seams to work ok  Now that I am looking at the info here.  I find that I must have a very early rifle that was a safe queen.  It has a A2 style but stock, Heavy fluted barrel, free floating hand guard, and a operating handle with the extended release on the left side.  The operating handle looks just like the one that I added to my DPMS 5.56 I bought new about 5 years ago.  I guess I should have checked everything out before I bought it.  It looked as clean as the new AR-15's they had on the wall.  I have not shot it yet.  I will have to load some ammo before I can take it out.  I hope I didn't get ripped off .  Any information about how old the rifle and sight is will be nice.  I did find a sight to check if the 553 was a real EOTech and it is.  Thanks for any help.  I am new to this style of rifle. 

Edited by Steve crawford

All that information was available, by serial number range, when DPMS was DPMS.  Remington kinda fucked that up when they bought DPMS, but alot of the information was still there.  Now that Remington is done and gone - so is all that information.  JJA Holdings (Palmetto State Armory) bought all the DPMS line, so pressure PSA to get that information back up.  If they bought the company - then they bought the historical information, too.  It's up to them to get it back online.

Until then - in the past - I could have posted a direct link to the DPMS website that would let you look up the information on your serial number.  These days?  Can't make it happen.

Edited by 98Z5V