• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Redding body sizer die

Steve crawford

Will a Redding body sizer die work for loading AR-15 and LR-308 rifles.  I know that I will have to have one of each caliber.  Use the body die to resize the base and neck size or full length size for the neck and shoulder.  I can't find just small base dies for either caliber.  I don't want to have to buy a complete new set of dies for each of them. Will I have to use the body die once I have fired the brass once in the guns?

Steve

I'm sure you can do it with the dies, sounds like some  extra work, and yes I would FL size each time reloading in any autoloader. I have a small base die for the 308, only use it on gravelpit ammo, don't ever really seem to need one on any other calibers. Your results may vary. 

Thanks that is about what I thought.  Now I am waiting on my ammo check blocks I bought.  Both are AGW brand one from Amazon that said shipped then got a message from seller that there inventory was off by one and manufacture was OOS also .  I checked EGW and they had ones for 5.56 but OOS on the 223.  Only difference is the 5.56 has a slightly longer throat but same COL .  I E-Mailed the seller and said that I would take the 5.56 instead if he could get it.   I got 500 once fired (maybe) cases for each gun.  Looked good after I tumbled them for 4 hours in steel media.  The 5.56 were very random about the effort to size them.  I swaged the primer pocket sized and trimmed the 5.56.  Just tumbled the 308 .Have to change from the Lee Classic Turret to the Redding T-7 for the 308.  That thing is very heavy to lift from under my loading bench.      Have I said that it S**KS getting old.🥵🥵🥵

Steve