• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Damaged firing pin in brand new BCG, what can I do?

Tack14

Shoot the gun, it's not gonna blow up in your face.  Shoot the gun, and see what happens.  This is probably a non-event, and definitely didn't happen during shipping.

I'd shoot it, if it was mine.  But, I shoot dented brass, too, just to "fire-form" it one more time, and make it good again.

opened up 2nd BCG, it is perfect.  Firing pin is pristine.  No burr up by base of gas key either. Haven't disassembled bolt to check headspace with 2nd barrel yet but will do so.  I suspect it will be just fine.

Firing pin is one of only parts I don't see listed in stock on their site but I will talk to them tomorrow.

Talked to LANTAC and sent some pictures.  They said send it back and sent me a return label, it got there today.  They are pretty close by.

Will work with the other BCG in meantime, GO and NO-GO were just fine (GO went, NO-GO didn't).

Hoping for straight-out replacement quick.  They made it sound that way when I talked to them so I decided to let them.

Thanks for the answers, suggestions, etc.  I will get some spare parts for the rainy days.

98Z5V I understand the "just shoot it".  If they had not given me good impression of  just replacing it I probably would have.

And my best 308 handloads were with once-fired Lake City brass I stumbled across by accident from a metals recycler so we are definitely on same page about that. 🙂