• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Ruger is just sad anymore

micmacman

so i bought a Stoeger Luger online and went to pick it up at the gun shop, a Ruger Wrangler caught my eye , read reviews ,seen a couple video reviews all positive , always been a fan , 10/22 . have a vintage Standard Mk1 , and a P95 ,all first rate weapons , decided to grab it ,get home grab some ammo and head back to the small caliber range and loaded the old Luger and the new Ruger , both LR

tried the luger first 7 out of 8 shots hit the 8x8 gong off hand 25 yards , next the never fired Ruger wrangler hit the target once , same ammo same distance , reloaded both with same results, reloaded , dropped back to 40 yards with the luger , hit the 12x12  8 out of 8 shots  , moved up to 15 yards with the Ruger hit the 12x12 3 out of 6 at 15 yards  , what is going on 

decided to set up a rest and paper , at 15 yards off rest first shot aiming dead center of my target i hit a steel target to the right of my paper , off rest i could get it to group a 6 inch group 3 out of 6 ,a foot low and 8 inches right , thats right 1 foot low and 8 to the right , the other 3 rounds were wild childs no telling where they were going

went and got all the different .22 ammo i had , 4 different brands , all shot way low and various degrees of to the right , none grouped , hand and rest covered in residue, could feel the blowback on my hand , tried the pistol on the rest , tried the heel of my hand on the rest , has a fixed front sight and a groove rear , so what do you do if a fixed front sight and shooting a foot low? you file the FSB down , i get it up on paper and its all over the place 

sent it back , month and a half later get a call from my gun guy said i can pick up my new pistol , it was unfixable so they gave me a new one , great , still love Ruger , they made it right , or so i thought , opened the box to the new pistol and this photo was in it from the factory , i did not get a warm and fuzzy , my gun guy said the look on my face was like i picked up dog crap with my bare hand

get home head back and out of 4 kinds of ammo i couldn't even replicate that abysmal target they included with the pistol , took it back to my gun guy , said "take it home , run some rounds and tell me what you think" , nothing more he calls me back yesterday says it shoots fine which is code for im not dealing with this anymore , which means im looking for a new go to gun guy , i told him to sell it because if i bring it home i will hang it on a target and take to it with an AK

did some research and found others with the exact experience as myself , my guess is they tuned some hand picked pistols to send out to their Youtube croney reviewers 

P9270124.jpg

Edited by micmacman

• 1 year later...

I have a friend who bought one in the black cerakote. He seems to like it although I have not shot it and have not been out to the range while he's had the gun with him. His wife did comment 'cowboy guns were SLOW'.

I have two single six revolvers.
1 'blued' bought used and it came with the .22 WMR cylinder only.
1 SS purchased new right before the lockdown with both cylinders.

I'm pretty sure either would beat that target.

I also have a 6" Stoger SS Luger. It is a safe queen as it's never been very reliable.
I had a 'smith' look it over and attempt to make it reliable. As near as I can tell he mostly bent the mag feed lips and dremeled the internals to round off most of the edges and without making it any more reliable.